Giveaway - Take Courage; Anne Brontë and The Art of Life, Signed Copy
It’s The Littlest Library’s first ever giveaway!
Last week I had the absolute pleasure of being able to listen to one of my favourite authors, Samantha Ellis, talk about her new book at Waterstones, in York. 'Take Courage: Anne Brontë and the Art of Life' is an exploration of the life and writing of the ‘other’ Brontë. Overshadowed by her sisters and oft-forgotten, Samantha Ellis’s newest project is an intriguing and elegant ode to one of English literature’s most underrated masters.
In honour of Samantha Ellis’s new release, I will be giving away a hardback copy of 'Take Courage: Anne Brontë and the Art of Life' that has been signed by the author herself. The giveaway will be taking place on Twitter. Instruction on how to enter and a link to the competition can be found down below.
Take Courage: Anne Brontë and the art of life.
Author: Samantha Ellis
Date Published: 28/02/2017
Publisher: Chatto & Windus
Number of Pages: 352
I first fell in love with Samantha Ellis’s writing at the Brontë parsonage, so this really feels full-circle. Her first book, 'How To Be a Heroine', is all about how we relate to famous female literary characters growing up, and how they can often provide some much-needed guidance in our lives.
I must confess, I had never given much thought to Anne Brontë myself. But listening to Ellis talk about her has made me reconsider everything I thought I knew about the three sisters. This book is a must-read for anyone who is interested in the Brontës, in classic female-driven literature, and in early feminist thought. Ellis’s determination to re-evaluate her own world views - from being a self-admitted Emily devotee, to writing a book about Anne - is admirable. As is her skill to turn the subject of the life of a woman many readers and writers alike find mundane, into something intensely personal and vulnerable.
ENTER THE GIVEAWAY
To enter for a chance to win a signed copy, all you have to do is follow me on Twitter, and RT the official giveaway tweet. A link to the tweet will be posted below. Make sure you read the rules before participating.
- This Giveaway will run from 08:00pm (GMT) on 18.07.2017 to 1:00pm (GMT) on 31.07.2017
- This Giveaway is open to UK Residents, only.
- You must follow me on Twitter to be eligible for this giveaway.
- Extra entries may be made by following The Littlest Library on Facebook, and by email.
- The winner will be chosen by an electronic draw.
- The winner will be drawn at 1:00pm on the 31.07.2017, and posted on Twitter the same day
- The prize may not be exchanged for anything else.
- If the winner does not respond within 48 hours, the prize will be redrawn.
- The prize will be sent within a week of the winner's contact information being made available.
Edit: This competition is now closed!